LG CD-RW Trouble

karl_a 22:04 17 Feb 04

Please can you help me? I have just been given a more up to date computer than my last one which has an LG CD-RW CED-8080B with a speed of 8x 4x 32x. I can do eveything a normal CD-ROM drive does but when I try to burn my own disks, it says that it has completed successfully but when I try to view the contents of that disk, it is empty. I am using Microsoft Windows ME with a variety of CD burning programs. The CD's I am using are 650MB 74 minute CD-RW disks with a speed of 4 to 10.

Any replies greatly appreciated,
Karl A

britto 22:12 17 Feb 04

are you sure your not burning an image or simulation

karl_a 22:49 17 Feb 04

Please can you tell me what you mean by a image or simulation. I have tried to copy several audio disks and data off the hard drives but is dosent seem to appear on the disk.

User-312386 22:53 17 Feb 04

a "a variety of CD burning programs"

only use one

2 or more cd burning programmes can cause conflicts

I use nero, others use roxio

they are about the same but only have 1 installed

gold 47 22:56 17 Feb 04

Some LG CD/RW can be picky with the software mine
will only work with Easy CD Creator and wont work
with Nero software.

karl_a 23:11 17 Feb 04

I have Real one player version 2 (will be updating it tomorrow) AND Windows Media Player 9 series. I have used both of these, one at a time, but my problem still occurs. I have also tried nearly all of the programmes off of the PC Advisor cover disks. Also one at a time.

Stuartli 09:24 18 Feb 04

Having both RealOne and WMP9 won't make any difference; just ensure that RealOne is configured properly to play only what you want, otherwise it will take over your system..:-)

Best to use Nero (if you have it); I would also suggest that you read up the Nero manual, which can be downloaded very quickly from click here (it's in .pdf form).

You can also download the latest version of Nero (look under Previous Versions) which will include Nero Express - this will make the process more simple until you get the hang of things.

Most burning programs don't like to have a similar program(s) competing with them.

karl_a 09:45 18 Feb 04

Thanks for the help everybody but I can't actually burn to the disks I am using for some reason.

Thanks anyway,
Karl A

britto 17:58 18 Feb 04

Sorry i could not reply last night and have not got much time tonight,but check media player to see if you have the nero fast burning plugin, its under tools. Also try using CDRs not CDRWs. I think you need to format CDRWs first never use them myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced