LG 52x24x52 CDwrtr IDE Drive using Nero Express

Giggle n' Bits 22:30 16 May 03

Using WinXP Home.

When using the above named drive with Ahead hero Express 5.5.9.9 software for a straight CD to CD Audio copy the Process gets to 54% then screen freezes, a little pop up type window comes up in the part of the screen saying ISRC and above it says "Read ISRC" I think ISRC is something to do with copy protected Audio CD'a but I have coppied this one before with no problem using an older drive and older 5.5 software.

CTRL-ALT-DEL to end the task still freezes and only reset on Case sorts everything out. I noticed the CDROM disappeared from My Computer also when I did get the chance to see why also the audio CD wouldn't play, then next attempt it would play.

Is this a dodgy CDROM Drive for playing the Audio CD back or something software related.

Ripping my hair out and not CD's.

HELP please.

Any software downloads, can you please simplyfy with direct links and instructions if needed Please.

Giggle n' Bits 00:19 17 May 03

the CD Rom in the process of the above software freezes winXP.

But playing an audio CD in the CDROM is fine, just won't play/tranfer the audio data to the Wrt Drive/source CD Drive.

But when this does happen it also locks up the drive, and i am unable to open the CDROM Draw without using say, paper clip.

-pops- 06:25 17 May 03

"I think ISRC is something to do with copy protected Audio CD'a"

It doesn't matter if this problem is caused by copy protection or not, you should not be doing this. The fact you may have been able to copy the disk previously does not make it a legitimate action.

AMD 4 ever 09:26 17 May 03

-pops-
So does that mean if he has legit 'craig david' cd let's saay. He can't back it up? Please note Iam only assuming this is the case and that he/she is not copying for pirate purpoes.I do not endorse piracy. I was merley curious before I get linched.

-pops- 10:35 17 May 03

Reflect on what "copy protection" means. Do you expect that copy protection is waived while you make your backup copy?

I didn't make any suggestion that Spacer was about to go into mass production, just that copy protection is designed to prevent the making of copies. How successful this is and whether it can be over-ridden is another matter.

The terms and conditions of copyright on non-copy protected disks varies and one would be well advised to read these before copies are made.

This subject has been discussed at great length on these columns before. The reason I responded here was to emphasise a point already brought up by Spacer.

For a definitive answer click here

Brian

Giggle n' Bits 11:04 17 May 03

Ref the audio CD copy, its for my Car as on occassions I get the origianls nicked.

Whats worrying me is that I coppied it before and it was fine, then this time is kicked me out and did all of the above. If it is the simple case of its the copyright thing on the CD stopping the Burn or is it a computer/software or drive fault.

Can someone please say if it is the case the CD is protected or is it a computer problem. All I can say about the CD is its.

-pops- 11:37 17 May 03

Dunno. I'm thinking it may have been a fault in your previous setup rather than your current one;-)

Giggle n' Bits 12:20 17 May 03

start looking for a fix?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…