//some 3rd party need geo

LG 4163B writes to DVD-r with Norton Ghost only..

Andknig 13:18 27 Apr 05

Hi. Got myself a LG4163b combo drive, I am able to read/write CDs, able to read DVDs (in game form, havnt tried film) but cannot get the drive to write files to DVD-r. Oddly enough though, I was able to create and record a Ghost backup image to DVD-r. I am using Verbatim 8x photo printable DVD-r discs. I have also updated to firmware A103.

Any ideas please?

Rigga 13:26 27 Apr 05

How have you tried writing to DVD-R?
What software do you use to write the DVD discs?

Most software that writes to DVD and CD, allows the selection of what you wish to write before you start.

As an example in Nero, before you select Data, or Music type etc.. you have to select the correct drive.

But what it's easy to miss is that one drive can appear more than once in the list, i.e. once for CD, and again lower down for DVD.

So you have to select the drive in it's DVD incarnation to write to DVD discs.

HTH.
R.

Andknig 14:25 27 Apr 05

Well, er, I dont use any software to write to dvd-r. I have only tried using the 'drag and drop' method that I would use for copying pictures, etc, to CDs. Doesnt XP have a native driver for this method??

Rigga 14:55 27 Apr 05

No XP only supports CD packet writing, not DVD packet writing, you will need software to write to your DVD disks.

HTH.
R.

SEASHANTY 17:39 27 Apr 05

Have you tried drag and drop to DVD-RAM discs? Each time I start up my PC the GSA 4163 puts up the drag and drop to DVD-RAM icon on the desktop. I haven't used this yet because I mainly use the Ram discs in my Panasonic home DVD recorders. Haven't needed to use the LG writer for anything except photo slideshows yet - and the latter are brilliant
using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.

Andknig 21:06 27 Apr 05

Rigga: Doh! Thanks, I have a OEM of Nero kicking around, guess it'll solve my problem. Thanks!

Seashanty: Dont know much about DVD-RAM, but as I have a DVD-RAM I guess I should try..

SEASHANTY 09:58 28 Apr 05

This webpage gives some info on DVD-RAM
click here
The cheapest DVD-RAM discs are available from Blankdiscshop click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…