LG 4163B DVD-RAM PROBLEM

MONTYBLUE 22:06 25 Apr 05

My system now comprises of the following upgrades
chaintech zenith ZNF3-150 motherboard
AMD ATHLON 64 BIT PC3200/400 PROCESSOR
SEAGATE ST3800831AS 300GB BARRACUDA SATA HD
SEAGATE ST38022A OEM 80GB ATA HD (18gb free)
CORSAIR TMX 2X512 MEMORY MODULES

Having installed the components the following has occurred.the system first booted up with the cd rom but reset bios to 1st hard disk 2nd floppy disk and disable all other bootup options.

The system is running ok except the dvd ram drive quirk which starts to read the disc whilst the system is trying to load and display windows E:/DVD-RAM IS SET AT SLAVE AND D:/BTC DVD/WRITER IS SET AT MASTER.

The dvd ram drive runs ok on cd-r x48 disc and normal dvd-ram video disk and loads almost instantly I already had an oem loaded nero 6 for the dvd/writer and have also updated to nero 6.1 version the system is blazingly fast but the only issue is should the dvd-ram drive be treated like a floppy on startup ie:remove the disc prior to bootup or is this just a windows xp quirk
sorry for the long winded approach but its best to give the bigger picture in case i ovelooked something (seagate was loaded by disc wizard 2003 C:\drive hd files were copied over to the new sata hd set as J:\drive(F;G;H;I;removable drives)

How does the new J:\H/DRIVE WORK IN RELATION TO THE C:\H/DRIVE IF IT HAS BEEN GIVEN A VOL.1.LABEL IS THIS JUST A FORM OF PARTIONING or is this an indicaion the c:\HD is the partioned windows part remaining on the drive.please advise on the above issues mentiond thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…