LG 4040B DVD Writer - Media Compatibility

ddma 18:02 17 Nov 03

I just bought an LG 4040B (x 4 speed) multi-format DVD writer this weekend (firmware is upto date - v300).
I am having problems trying to burn to DVD+R & RW media; Nero 5.5 won't let me burn to +RW only +R (it says incompatible media type). I also use DVD X Copy Xpress which will burn to both but only the +RW type will play in my pc player and TV player, x box etc.
As the cost of DVD discs are really expensive I would like to hear from anyone having similar problems as this ordeal is costing me a small fortune. The discs I have used are Memeorex; I have bought some Verbatim today and will try again tonight as after reading a few newsgroups I am realising that it is not as straight forward as burning to CD's!

Smiler 18:06 17 Nov 03
  jessie .x..x.x 18:08 17 Nov 03

Check out the below site, it is wonderful, plenty to read about all burning issues, and even has a forum which to be honest will probably answer your question better.

click here

I am there all the time!!!!

jes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…