Lexmark Z645 Printer

anniel34 18:09 11 Sep 09

On Wednesday night Windows did 7 updates on my Vista Laptop running Home premium version.

The next day the laptop would not start and after a whole day mucking around with no success, I reinstalled windows.

Now the lexmark Z645 will not work. Error messsage tells me that the printer cannot communicate with the computer.

I have googled endlessly,checked and rechecked all connections.Been to all places recommended on various forums and still no good. I have tried uninstalling and getting new drivers,but it did not work.

Before I throw this heap of junk out of the window is there anything more I can do?

If I replace it I would want a decent all in one, so suggestions for renewal would also be appreciated.

Yours in frustration.

Andsome 18:13 11 Sep 09

Did you do a complete format and reinstall? Did you install the printer with it switched off?

anniel34 18:23 11 Sep 09

I just reinstalled windows as Advent told me to!

I installed the printer twice, once with the printer on and once with it off.

Andsome 08:25 12 Sep 09

If it was mine, I would uninstall it again and than clean up with C Cleaner, including the registry cleaner option, having saved as advised first. Then I would reinstall it with it switched off, and only switch on when the installation program says so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5