Lexmark X85 wont work on changing user in XP

DerekR 20:33 01 Jul 03

Help!
I have recently added a Lexmark X85 printer/scanner/copier to my P4 2.66ghz with 512 RAM running XP home.

The thing works brilliantly on my own log-in name, but when one of the family decides to use the comp, I log off, then log back on in one of their names, the priner icon shows the unit as off-line, and any attempt to print is greeted with a monotonous "There is a problem communicating with the printer" message boomed out of the speakers.

Re-booting the computer and logging directly into any of the 3 user names on the comp allows full use of the printer - swiching users, however, seems to render the machine useless.

Any of you kindly knowledgable chaps or chapesses
offer any help?

I have emailed Lexmark with this request, but as per usual with manufacturers, nothing has come back.

Continually rebooting just to use the printer seems an awful long winded thing to have to do in this day of new-fangled technology!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…