lexmark x85 wont install, using winxp

muffy goff 21:27 02 Sep 03

i CANNOT GET MY PRINTER TO INSTALL ON MY NEW COMPUTER, IT IS A LEXMARK X85 ALL IN ONE PRINTER CONNECTING TO MY PC BY THE USB PORT .

IT IS A ARIES XP2400 WITH A 80GB HARD DRIVE, RADEON 9000 GRAPHICS CARD, 512MD DDR RAM.
I AM USING WINDOWS XP WITH SERVICE PACK 1 INSTALLED AND ALL THE USB DRIVES ARE WORKING PROPERLY. MY COMPUTERS MOTHERBOARD HAS USB2 SOCKETS.

THE PRINTER INSTALLS AND I CAN PRINT OFF A TEST PAGE FROM THE LEXMARK CONTROL PROGRAMME, BUT WHEN I TRY TO PRINT THE CONTROL PROGRAMME JUST HANGS. I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST DRIVER FROM LEXMARK, TURNED OFF THE POWER MANAGEMENT FOR THE USB HUBS, CHANGED THE PRINT DETAILS TO RAW AS ALL RECOMMENDED BY LEXMARK BUT THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURS. I HAVE ALSO REINSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND RAN THE LEXMARK CLEAN FACILITY TO REMOVE ALL THE OLD DRIVERS.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

BarryKeith 22:45 02 Sep 03

Please don't SHOUT, turn your caps lock off as people will not be very willing to help if you persist ing typing in capitals.
Uninstall the printer by selecting "Settings, Printers & Faxes", right click and select "Open" and you will see a window with an icon representing your printer, delete it and disconnect the usb lead to the printer, then restart your computer and install the driver then reconnect the printer and it should work correctly.

muffy goff 22:29 08 Sep 03

Sorry about shouting.

Thanks for your help BarryKeith, but i have already tried doing that. The printer will print a test page using the Lexmark control panel, but when trying to print a word document for example, the control panel just freezes and the document will not print.

The computer is running windows xp with service pack 1 installed. I have turned off all the power saving devices on the usb hub, as recommednded by Lexmark. I have installed the latest drivers, have deleted the printer, uninstalled the printer and re-installed the printer but to no avail, the same thing keeps happening.

I have installed a usb patch for my via motherboard which also has the latest via 4 in 1 drivers installed. It is a KT400 Via chipset MSI Motherboard with USB 2 .The computer is an Aries XP2400, 80GB 512 mB ddr.

Lexmark also said that it could be a fault of my motherboard but i use a card reader usb and a usb modem, both of them work perfectly well. I have tried unplugging them all bar the printer and plugging the printer into different usb ports, but again the same thing happens.

Many thanks for any help recieved.

Robert

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…