Lexmark x74/75 printer problem

lowky 20:25 27 Feb 03

Hi I have had my pc about 1 month and printed off about 10 things so far. However the quality is getting worse and lines appear through my picture. I have tried the troubleshooting thing on the printers troubleshooting area by doing the action where you it prints out sloping lines which are supposed to be full. My black line is full and my coloured line is intermitent at one end. I have tried then doing tried some kind of print/clean procedure but to no avail. My inks are full so I dont know what to do.

powerless 23:58 27 Feb 03

Reinstall the driver for the printer.

Wak 12:18 28 Feb 03

Hi Lowky, I have an X75 so I know what you are looking at.
I assume you have been in to Maintenance and printed the Test Page????

Have you then done the bit below the Test page which says "clean to fix horizontal streaks"???

I would run that bit twice and if it is still the same, remove the cartridge and stand it on a moist paper tissue for a while.
If it still doesn't work, stand the cartridge in about 1/4" of hottish water (not boiling) in a saucer for 1/2 hour.

Wak 12:26 28 Feb 03

Hi Lowky, I have an X75 so I know what you are looking at.
I assume you have been in to Maintenance and printed the Test Page????

Have you then done the bit below the Test page which says "clean to fix horizontal streaks"???

I would run that bit twice and if it is still the same, remove the cartridge and stand it on a moist paper tissue for an hour.

If it still doesn't work, stand the cartridge (print head only) in about 1/4" of hottish water (finger bearable) in a saucer for 1/2 hour.

I would be inclined to make yourself a Test page of a line of black and coloured print (just one row which includes solid black, red, blue and yellow letters) and print it out once a week just to stop the print head drying out. It will use very little ink.
Post back how things turn out?

Wak 12:27 28 Feb 03

Sorry about the Stutter!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…