Lexmark x74/75 printer error

Curio 19:54 07 Dec 03

Using windows XP S. pack 1.
Am currently unable to clear the printer queue. Have tried deleting content via control panel/printers and also deleting drivers. Could not do so as computer says printer is in use. Went to lexmark site for new driver just in case but site has faulty page.
Last item printed OK but progress bar only went to 99 percent and printer queue item acquired a corrupt title. progress bar/window did not close on completion of print job. If I can clear the print queue I can delete the drivers and reinstall when i manage to get the new one from lexmark's site.
Help from printer expert required please.

britto 20:08 07 Dec 03

you could try uninstall/reinstall not forgetting to unplug the printer.

AndyJ 21:49 07 Dec 03

First I would make sure you haven't accidentally stoped/paused the print queue (the job at the top of the list is usually the one that will cause the prob).

Switch off your PC and then unplug your printer. By this I actually mean switch it off and disconnect the power socket either from the wall or the printer. Leave it for at least thirty seconds then plug it back on and reboot your PC.

I too have an x74/75. I find that if you can't clear the printer queue ,switch off printer and wait 60 seconds, afterwards clears this and going back to printer menu and deleting print job. failing that wait for lexmark site to right itself and email support who are very quick at replying.

Wak 09:25 08 Dec 03

I'm not sure about Win XP but in Win 98SE using Windows Explorer you can go to C:\Windows\ Spool and see if there are any files in there that can be deleted.

Curio 16:14 08 Dec 03

Finally cured the problem. Disconnected printer from PC and mains power. Removed driver from Device Manager, re-booted, reinstalled printer driver from disk, rebooted and reconnected printer to USB and mains power. Printer recognised and installed. Now working correctly.
Thanks to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…