lexmark x74 - no all in one centre

nhojnhoj35 21:51 10 Jun 05

hi,
can anyone help please.
my lexmark x74 all in one centre has disappeared!
the printer works but if i try to copy or scan i just can`t get to the all in one centre.
the desktop icon says the file is no longer available.
i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but no joy.
i can open abby fine reader 5.0 sprite from my start button but the quality of the scan is terrible and it reurns some kind of out of memory error message.

ive no idea what to do next!!!

pauldonovan 22:36 10 Jun 05

I suspect this might be too specific a problem to find a quick solution here but I might be wrong. Try lexmark's support and if they have a 'contact us' link try that also.

Did you re-install from original cd? If so might be worth checking out their site to see if they have a more recent version of the software. (on the basis that some windows update might've broken it or something hence when you re-install it still doesn't work).

maveric 07:58 11 Jun 05

have a look here click here
it may help

Wak 10:09 11 Jun 05

If you switch the printer ON then RIGHT click MY COMPUTER on the desk top, left click PROPERTIES/ Device Manager, the X74 scanner part of the program will appear under IMAGING DEVICE.
Is it there and has it got any yellow exclamation marks on it???
Are the proper drivers listed??
The FAX part of the program is on the 2nd CD Disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…