Lexmark X73 service

concretepigsy 17:24 07 Oct 03

I have a multi function printer. It doesnt print colour despite new cartridge cleaning nozzles etc. Does anyone have any ideas how to get it going again?? If not how much is a service for it??

thanks

the pig

Sparks 18:08 07 Oct 03

Is your default set for black?. Check in printer setup then options then document/quality and make sure it's set for automatic.

concretepigsy 18:18 07 Oct 03

thanks sparks its set to print colour as default

Sparks 19:05 07 Oct 03

You did click on printer icon and say installed/changed cartridge?.Have to go now will look further tomorrow.

concretepigsy 19:27 07 Oct 03

yeah done that too

Sparks 18:12 08 Oct 03

It's my wife who has the X73,we found that removing the electric and USB cables and reconnecting same cures some faults. If that doesn't do any good you could try above and also remove printer software and reinstall printer as per manufactures instructions. Sorry I can't suggest anything else but now this thread will be bumpted up where someone else may be able to help you.

Wak 18:42 08 Oct 03

When a car doesn't start, they say check the petrol.
Did you remove the tape covering the nozzles of the new cartridge???
It could be something as simple as that.

Wak 18:44 08 Oct 03

Can you print a test page as suggested in the Solution Centre???

concretepigsy 18:56 08 Oct 03

yeah checked the tape isnt on the print head, and no i can only print the black portion of the test page but thanks wak

Wak 19:00 08 Oct 03

Try standing the cartridge on a damp paper tissue and see if you get any ink flow at all soaking into the tissue. If you do, it's a printer problem. If you don't, it's a cartridge problem.
See how you go.

concretepigsy 19:01 08 Oct 03

yeah cartridge is fine any ideas how much a service costs for the bloody thing???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…