Lexmark x4850 wireless printer - setup problem.

Oli_q 14:07 25 Sep 09

Hi,

Having a slight problem with my wireless printer. firstly, here's my setup...

2x windows xp desktops (one wireless + one wired to router)

1x Vista laptop (wireless)

1x Huawei echolife hg520b Router.

1x lexmark x4850 wireless printer.

I have managed to install the software and setup the vista laptop so it can print wirelessly. I then Did the same on the wireless desktop computer which also worked. But when i try on my wired desktop, it can't seem to find the network. It searches for local networks but fails everytime on installation. I even try doing it manually by entering the printers IP address but still it fails to go on with the installation.

Can I actually access my wireless printer through my wired desktop (It is connected to the mentioned router which sends the wireless signals to all other comps)?

ajm 21:19 25 Sep 09

Try disabling the firewall, if any, during this installation. It should then pick it up, Restart the firewall once the installation is complete

Oli_q 23:31 25 Sep 09

Thank you for replying.

Your advice was spot on. I disabled my firewall (Sunbelt personal) and the installation went smoothly, and printed the test sheet fine. Although when i enable my firewall, it obviously blocks the connection again. How do I configure my firewall to allow my desktop to communicate with the printer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now