Lexmark wireless x4875 wont install disc

glamworld 21:12 28 Apr 08

Could someone please help??? I bought yesterday a lexmark wireless printer x4875. On installing disc the blue bar on the screen completes about 95% then turns my laptop off. I have tried it several times now and it gets to the same position and Laptop off again, i keep uninstalling disc and then i try again. I took the printer back to PC World a few hours ago they tried the installation disc and it worked 100%. I have tried downloading the driver direct from lexmark the same thing happens. I have tried turning of my firewall still doesnt work. Can any one help i cant claim my money back as the printer isnt faulty.

thanks

hayley

skidzy 21:23 28 Apr 08

XP or Vista Hayley ?

Have you connected the usb lead while installing from disc ? if so this needs disconnecting untill prompted,then you will be advised to connect and disconnect if you want to go wireless.

MCE2K5 21:56 28 Apr 08

If this Toshiba Satellite A200/A205 with BIOS Version 1.5 is your Laptop click here

glamworld 07:59 29 Apr 08

Hi its windows xp , no i didnt use the usb cable but its show a blue screen before it shuts down, but its so quick i cant read it

My laptop is a hp pavillion z series

thanks

hayley

Technotiger 08:41 29 Apr 08

If you can, just re-install the Printer software and then un-install it again with Revo. If you cannot complete the installation try with Revo uninstall anyway.

click here

During the un-install when it asks you to re-start your PC - don't re-start. Continue with the un-install because Revo goes a bit further in order to get rid of all left-overs. When given the option to Select All then Delete, do just that. Shortly after that the un-install will be complete - you should then re-start your PC.

You should now have a clean-slate to re-install your printer software.

I hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…