Lexmark VS Canon Multifunctions

Shikaree 19:12 02 Apr 11

Hi Folks,

I really need a new Multifunction Printer as my old Lexmark All-In-One is not working properly now. I have never had any other Brand than Lexmark all these years. Can any one please Help with some advise as to which would be best. I do photo printing and do a lot of scanning of documents & pictures I know that todays Cartridges are quite pricy.

Please HELP!!

Thanks

Shikaree

Strawballs 19:32 02 Apr 11

You should try other makes as the Lexmark carts are about the most expensive about.

lotvic 20:49 02 Apr 11

I have a Canon MP510, have heard the MP610 is good also and they have individual ink cartridges so you only have to replace one colour at a time.

I refill my own cartridges with Jet Tec ink.

Shikaree 22:03 02 Apr 11

Strawballs & lotvic,

Yes Lexmark Cartridges are very expensive. I fill my Cartridges with JR Inks. Only thing Lexmark's Black Inks are very cheap now. Someone also told me that the new Lexmark printers have a censor in the cartridges to prevent you from using non-Lexmark cartridge or refilling them. There are so many different Brands of Multifunctions, it's a nightmare to choose or get the right one. Yes, having individual cartridges is cheaper.

Thanks

robin_x 22:17 02 Apr 11

I switched from 6 yr old Lex X-74 to cheap Canon MP-250 (both All-in-Ones)

No W7 (or Vista) drivers for the old one. Nothing wrong with it.

I refill with supermarket ink because it is OK for me.
One thing I have realised though, is that while I cannot reset ink levels or use a chip resetter on my Canon, I can override Low Ink Warning by pressing and holding a button on the printer.

I have seen reports for other printers that override is not possible. Leaving some users with no option but to buy mfr's carts. And also scan functionality being disabled as well.

Also reports of compatible carts not working.

Maybe worth Googling for such problems when you have decided on a model, before you buy.

Shikaree 22:24 02 Apr 11

robinofloxley,

Oh yes, I also have to make sure whichever printer is compatible with my PC & my imac.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…