Lexmark printer wireless problem with Orange

compumac 22:47 03 Apr 09

Here's a rather interesting case for you (I hope)

I have recently experienced numerous problems with my wireless printer and have been on the phone to Lexmark a lot. They decided that the printer was no good and send me a new one.

When I just called them and we went through the installation procedure they came to the conclusion that this printer works but not wireless. They blame Orange (the broadband provider) for blocking the MAC address of the printer. I argued that this can't be the case as the previous printer had worked fine for weeks and weeks and would then suddenly disconnect.

Orange wasn't very helpful either as they won't give technical support on third party ancillaries. I did tell them that the problem lies with the router but they weren't having any of it.

I wonder if anyone knows how to add a MAC address to the list in the Orange router?

compumac 09:22 04 Apr 09

bump 1

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:35 04 Apr 09

MAC addresses are normally added in the Wireless section of your router's configuration page.

run "ipconfig /all" from a command prompt and the DHCP server will be you routers IP address.

So are you have a problem with file and print sharing?

Check to make sure you have file and print sharing enabled on you laptop and the the workgroup is correct, if you are using workgroups.

Check to make sure you are connecting to a workgroup and not a domain.

compumac 13:14 04 Apr 09

Fruit Bat /\0/\
This problem is actually a friends problem and I have posted the details on this forum as I personally do not have an answer, I have pointed him in this direction for him to input to replies.

compumac 18:22 09 Apr 09

Fruit Bat?/\0/\
Using Ipconfig/all shows that DHCP is not enabled. Could that be the answer?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:57 09 Apr 09

Start - Run - services.msc

scroll down to DHCP client and right click, change start up box to Automatic and click start. close services.

compumac 21:09 10 Apr 09

Fruit Bat/\0/\
DHCP Client is set up for automatic.
Any other thoughts?
Anyone?

Woolwell 22:40 10 Apr 09

I have a Lexmark laserjet wireless linked and I had to assign it a fixed IP through my router. Forget how I did it now though but almost certainly through the router configuration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…