lexmark printer problem

sugarbabe 17:54 29 Oct 07

Hi am trying to get a new lexmark 1270 printer to work on windows xp machine.

Seems to install fine, prints aligment sheet and shows in device manager and in printer window. But when send something to print even test print nothing happens.

No print and doesn't appear as waiting in print dialogue box.

Tried uninstalling re installing software, tried new usb cable and re starting printer spoiler, even checked spoiler in mcafee firewall blocked programs.

Still won't work any ideas!!!!

woodchip 18:01 29 Oct 07

Have you loaded the letst XP drivers for the Printer . from Lexmark

sugarbabe 18:11 29 Oct 07

yes i downloaded and installed from website - made no difference

Ronnie268 19:33 29 Oct 07

Have you got Service pack 2? If not, get it immediately from click here, it sorts some things out. Else try restoring system to recent restore point then installing driver

skidzy 19:46 29 Oct 07

Check your services;

Start / run and type

services.msc

and enter

Scroll through to Print Spooler and check this is ticked to AUTO.This maybe disabled.

sugarbabe 20:45 29 Oct 07

checked print spooler on control panel, was started and set to auto.

skidzy 20:49 29 Oct 07

As with most printers;

Do not connect the usb cable until you have loaded the software.

Not sure how you ran your setup,but i would remove the Lexmark software, unplug the lexmark,run ccleaner and reboot.
Now load the software again without the printer connected,reboot and connect the printer.

sugarbabe 07:49 30 Oct 07

ok will try that it does say on instructions to plug in first and then it finds hardware but i will try the other way.

Its strange that no items appear in the print dialogue box i have come across errors before where it does not find printer, or fails to print but not where it won't send print command to dialogue box so there are no documents waiting????

crosstrainer 08:43 30 Oct 07

Remove drivers, unplug printer, re-boot, re-install drivers, THEN connect printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5