lexmark printer

zebbydog 15:38 30 Aug 08

I have a lexmark 1270 all in one printer it all shows ok and opens ok but when i try to use it it says cannot comunicate with computer.
It is usb connection it worked ok with xp but new pc is on vista, i have tried updated drivers but still no good. Any advice please

Clapton is God 15:47 30 Aug 08

When you say "updated drivers" I assume you mean drivers for Vista? click here

Clapton is God 15:49 30 Aug 08

Bugger. Link didn't work.

Follow it through and you'll find that Vista drivers are available for that model

Pineman100 16:11 30 Aug 08

Did you initially try to install the printer on to your new computer using the old XP driver? If so, did you make sure that you uninstalled this driver before you installed the new Vista driver? If not, then you should do so.

Click Start> Control Panel> Printers
Right click a clear area of the Printers window
On the menu click on Server Properties
Click the drivers tab
Select the old printer driver then click Remove

Restart the computer.

Are you quite sure that you've downloaded the correct Vista driver? If not, go to the Lexmark driver download site: click here

Download the Vista driver for your printer (it looks like the file name is cjr1200EN.exe) and install it on your computer (with the printer disconnected from the computer).

The intallation process may tell you when to plug the printer into the computer, but if not, wait until installation is complete before doing so.

Pineman100 16:13 30 Aug 08

I was typing while you posted, but I couldn't make the link go direct to the correct driver download page either.

ambra4 20:13 30 Aug 08

Follow these steps to resolve:

Disconnect your USB cable from your printer.

Uninstall all Lexmark printer drivers on your PC.

Download the correct Vista driver for your model

click here

Install the driver on your PC

If you are facing issues, scanning using your All in One Centre

click here

Important - Do not reconnect the USB cable until the install software prompts the question of how

the printer is connected.

ambra4 20:19 30 Aug 08

Download the correct Vista driver for your model

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009