Lexmark P915 Printer problems

allassio 00:10 27 May 06

I was given this machine as a gift and since I connected it to my Powermac G3, it has caused two problems.
1) as long as the printer power cord id connected, it won't allow me to shut down the Mac. If I do, it instantly restarts!
Pulling the plug before going for shutdown removes the problem
2) when I print a page, the page prints perfectly - but the print job never appears to complete (even though I've got the required document in my hand).
The 'print manager' dialogue box shows the pages as 'job in progress' and seems to hang there until I delete the job manually.
Anybody else had these problems with a Lexmark Printer.
Love to know how to fix it because Lexmark support don't seem to have the answers.

woodchip 00:12 27 May 06

Have you loded Mac drivers for it

johnnyrocker 00:14 27 May 06

sounds about right, no wonder it was a gift? i would suggest bin it and have a look at maybe something like epson?

pj123 11:52 27 May 06

johnnyrocker, that's unkind. But I have to say I agree with you.

allassio, you will also find that you will have to pay a fortune to replace the ink cartridges as and when they run out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…