Lexmark Optra SC1275; Transfer Belt

m800afc 19:21 01 Jun 08

Win Xp Pro SP2
I have a Lexmark Optra SC1275 colour laser printer. The printer will not print, giving an "81 Maintenance code". This means the transfer belt needs attention. I have just been on t'interweb and qa new unit is a massive £702 + vat and postage.
Does anyone know of any tips and wrinkles to squeeze an extra bit of life out of this mechanism? I really can't justify spending that amount on an old printer, but I am halfway through a job that is required urgently.
Cheers

jack 19:52 01 Jun 08
  jack 19:54 01 Jun 08

If the machine needs fixing or more likely replacing[spares for older machines are not a great possiblity] then thats what you gotta do.

jack 19:56 01 Jun 08
  m800afc 09:20 05 Jun 08

I removed the transfer belt mechanism and examined the belt. There was a good deal of unfused tone on it it all colours. I used a usb keyboard vacuum cleaner bought at the pound shop, (...yes, it cost £1) and this removed all the tone as i turned the bely usinf the gears. I figured it may be worth a try, as I may have to get a new one anyway. I reassembled the ptinter, it wamed up and the busy light came on together with the "81" error. I imagined the cleaning had not done the job.
I left the printer on, while I looked on the internet for spares at a sensible price.
After about 45 minutes the printer suddenly burs into life, printing all the pages it had not printed before, about twenty of them. The printer seems as good as new, although the first print now takes a good 15 mins. After that ist is just as fast as new.
I don't know if it was the vacuuming that did the trick, or just leaving it alone allowed the printer to clear the buffer and reset. However it now works.

The problem I have now is the print buffer. When I open the print queue on the pc, the job is shown on the print queue very breifly, before being handed on to the printer. When this happens the job is no longer displayed on the monitor. Is there a way of holding jobs in the queue, and releasing them manually to the printer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…