lexmark fault

YAMA 21:09 06 Jun 10

hi my boffins, you have done well with my laptop.problem solved, this time it is my lexmark x5470,all in one, it is second hand, got new inks, came to print, found lines across words,and photos, did all it says to do clean-aline-clean print test, still no joy, so is there a way rectifiring this problem,the inks i got are refill type, sent off the ink from the printer, and they came back full, ????.just wondering if it is the printer is us, or it can be fixed. thanks again
yama

woodchip 21:17 06 Jun 10

printer jets are partly blocked, only thing you could try is buy flush fluid and use a syringe with a bit of plastic tube to flush jets when carts are not in

YAMA 21:23 06 Jun 10

woodchip, would not know how to go about doing that, do you think a trip with it to a repair shop would do it, yamma

woodchip 21:28 06 Jun 10

would not be worth the cost. All you need to do is put Printer in the change cart position, then remove carts the pipe goes over the bit inside where cart ink goes in to printer just put fluid in slowly

SB23 21:33 06 Jun 10

A problem I found with my old Lexmark was that the ink used to build up alot around the jets and become very thick and sticky.
I found a very gentle wipe with kitchen paper usually did the trick. IMO the re-alignment etc never did anything other than waste ink, and I've never had the problem again, since I swapped my Lexmark for a HP all in one.

woodchip 21:34 06 Jun 10

Or buy new click here

Jollyjohn 21:45 06 Jun 10

Another way is to refill an old cartridge with flush fluid, install it and print 20- 30 pages using scrap paper and then re install a proper cartridge.

YAMA 01:23 09 Jun 10

well woodchip. i have opted to take in to get sorted. for £10, i thought that was a good price, as i see they want £6 to£8, for the flushing fluid from off the net,+ postage from some, , so i will let you know how i get on thanks again all yama

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…