Lexmark colour printing problem...again!!!

Rhuddlan 23:55 16 Jan 05

Hi everyone, my friend has windows xp home and a lexmark z45 printer, both are about 2 years old. For the past few weeks now the printer has resfused to print in colour, black prints out fine, have cleaned the heads and nozzles, reinstalled the software, checked for driver updates etc etc etc but to no avil!!! When trying to print out a colour pic or colour text, nothing prints, the page just comes out blank. The cartridge is installed properly and is a few months old, it is refilled when needed, a lexmark cartridge I know for sure incase anyone asks me, and worked fine when it was purchased, but not anymore, anyone have any ideas??? she doesn't want to buy a new printer, but I suppose she could buy a new cartridge and choose not to refill it in the future??? Thanks for any help in advance, Rhuddlan.

THE TERMINATOR 00:31 17 Jan 05

I once had a Lexmark printer, but you can only refill the cartridges a certain number of times. Have you tried a new cartridge? This is the reason I changed my printer, because of the cost of the cartridges....TT

Rhuddlan 01:49 17 Jan 05

Hi there, this is the first time the cartridge has been refilled. My friend wants to see if she can find a solution to this problem first before buying a new one. I like Lexmark and think the quality is very good, but I agree, the cost of the cartridges is outragerous!!! Thanks for the help

Wak 09:45 17 Jan 05

Hi, if the cartridge was empty before you refilled it then you could have an air lock.
Some people think you cannot have an airlock in a sponge filled cartridge but you certainly can.
I use the Ink-Tec refill kits from Choicestationery which contain a cartridge holder and a syringe to remove any airlocks by sucking ink directly out of the print head. This works very well.
You could also try standing the print head in a saucer of hot water (not boiling) until it cools and then stand it on a moist paper towel until the ink starts to flow. Repeat as required.
I would also suggest that you never switch your printer on unless you are going to use it as this leaves the cartridges out in the open and lets them dry up.
Hope this helps.

Rhuddlan 23:43 31 Jan 05

Brought a new printer

BigJake 02:19 01 Feb 05

Hi everybody, My lexmark x73 ahs stopped printing colour for sometime now and was wondreing if it would do any good soacking the printhead in warm water as suggested by someone in an earlieer post. Can you tell me how the print head is removed. Thanks.

Wak 10:46 02 Feb 05

Hi, the print head is part of the cartridge therefore remove the cartridge from the printer, stand it in about 1/4" of hot water (not boiling) in a saucer until cool and then stand it on a damp paper tissue until the ink starts to flow.
Repeat as necessary.
Do not touch the electrical contacts on the front of the cartridge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5