lexmark all in one p4330 printer

tinagee 19:14 31 Jul 10

can anyone tell me how i use the fax on this machine cannot seem to connect it to make it work can use it to copy etc but cannot send or recieve faxes am connected to internet via phone line but no connection for phone on printer, thanks, Tina

johnnyrocker 20:09 31 Jul 10

is your internet dial up or broadband?

johnny

mgmcc 09:02 01 Aug 10

That model has been discontinued and it's difficult to find the detailed specification. It appears though to be a Printer/Copier/Scanner but *not* also incorporating Fax. Does it actually have a "telephone" keypad to dial fax numbers?

mgmcc 09:12 01 Aug 10

Managed to find a User Guide for this printer. click here Faxing is done by sending the document to the PC and transmitting it from the PC. This means that the computer must have a dialup "faxmodem" installed and connected to the phone line. Fax is *NOT* sent via an internet connection, it is a dialled phone call, so a broadband modem won't work.

tinagee 11:57 01 Aug 10

internet is broadband but connected through phone line

tinagee 12:00 01 Aug 10

says on the book for this printer can use fax but when i try to use the fax says something about modem but this is connected and working ok

tinagee 12:07 01 Aug 10

keep getting message "cannot communicate with pcfax modum" ???

mgmcc 12:25 01 Aug 10

To use Fax with this printer, your PC *MUST HAVE* a dialup modem installed. This is separate from your internet connection and not the same as the ADSL Modem used for broadband internet access.

To see if you have a suitable modem installed, go into Device Manager ("Start > Run", type DEVMGMT.MSC and click OK) and see if there is a Modem, as shown in this screenshot click here

robin_x 12:39 01 Aug 10

My Lex X-74 asked if I wanted to install Fax during the normal install from the CD. I always refused.

Try running again, you may have refused before if the P4330 has same option.

tinagee 12:45 01 Aug 10

no modem in device manager showing in list

tinagee 12:54 01 Aug 10

downloaded modem but still gatting same message as before

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…