Lexmark all-in-one needs software re-installation

keith mac 18:55 11 Mar 04

At university, my daughter uses an Acer 1350 notebook with a Lexmark X85 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner device.

From the outset, unplugging the the printer's USB plug and re-connecting later resulted in a failure of the computer to be able to communicate with the printer. Re-installing the printer software has to be done each time, rather a chore! And presumably there are numerous printer driver copies dotted around the hard drive.

I asked her to check whether there's an updated driver but the one she downloaded (she says) looks to be the same as the CD version supplied with the printer.

Help please!

Curio 19:43 11 Mar 04

If the new Driver is installed via Device Manager as an updated driver, PC will inform you if it is the same

keith mac 21:38 11 Mar 04

She can check this but is reluctant to mess about without some certainty it will overcome the problem. She's not a computer teccie and needs easy procedures.

She also needs to know how to install this downloaded driver unless instructions come with the driver. I don't THINK she has actually tried installing the downloaded driver.

Curio 22:00 11 Mar 04

An approach to IT staff at University for help in this would work wonders I would think.

keith mac 07:31 12 Mar 04

Yes Curio, you're right - I've suggested the same.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…