Lexmark All-In-One

Aldi are currently selling the Lexmark X2230 All-In-One printer, scanner, copier for £49.99. Does anyone know anything about this or has bought one? Is it a good buy, is it a good spec? I have an HP Deskjet 940c is it as good or better. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Kegger 18:57 08 Dec 04

Hi [email protected]

don't know about that paticular model however click here gives you an idea of what i think of Lexmark all in ones (seriosly thinking of treating myself to one)

PA28 19:14 08 Dec 04

I have a pair of earlier X83 Lexmark all in ones and they're good for what they are. A classic jack of all trades and master of none. Print quality is fine for text but not too good for photos - I use a Canon i865 for that. The big downside for the X83 is the cost and usage of print cartridges - a set of colour and black will set you back more than you're being asked for this printer and the X83 gobbles them. Check out this aspect first or, maybe, live with it later.

Wak 19:19 08 Dec 04

I don't know about the X2230 but I have an X75 All-in-one which I think is a very good piece of equipment, Fax and copier included.
The only fault I can find with Lexmark printers is the fact that the paper feed is a roller near the right hand side of the paper which can tend to skew the paper when feeding.
I have overcome that problem with a bulldog grip and a piece of old credit card.
The cartridges are also expensive but re-filling your own overcomes that problem as well.

Thanks PA28, these are the things that I am asking people to advise me on.

Giggle n' Bits 19:28 08 Dec 04

before buying any lexmark printer/all in one
Consider Lexmark cart £16 - £30 against Epson £3 - £25 Epson compatibles are dirt cheap & Lexmark are about £16

I see many people not thinking enough on Carts cost. this is how they make there monies.

Alternatively, can someone recommend one for me to buy. I am willing to go up to about £85.

kimosabi 21:07 08 Dec 04

Hi Daz
I use a lexmark x5150 which cost me £150 so the one in Lidl's is a great buy. Yes I know the ink is dear but I refill them myself saves a lot of money, S

kimosabi 21:11 08 Dec 04

oops didn;t finish what I was saying I have had mine for about a year no probs all. Don;t knoe if that helps you good luck anyway
kimo

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…