Lexmark 810 software not installing

Limariami 17:17 16 Jul 05

Hi all

After problems with the Canon printer, I desperately needed to print so bought a new printer yesterday – a cheap no frills printer just to get the job done.

However, the software won’t even install. The CD-ROM starts Ok, It goes through the different stages, ticking them off as they’re completed (eg Transferring Software).

Then, it just stops. No message or anything.

However, the program does not appear in the Start Menu and it tehre’s obviously something wrong because I can’t print.

I am starting to lose my sanity! What do I have to do to hjave a working printer?

Thanks

Limariami

Taff36 18:49 16 Jul 05

First check to see if the installation disc is scratched or has thumbprints on it. Clean with a lint free cloth (not in a circular motion) from centre hole to edges. Delete any evidence of the printer in Control Panel>Printers & faxes. Do not plug the printer into the computer. Try the installation again.

If it fails again. Insert the disc and exit the set up programme. Delete any evidence of the printer again. Make a temporary folder on the C drive e.g. C:\Temp\Lexmark. Copy the entire contents of the set up disk to this temp folder. In windows explorer navigate to the file within the folder called setup.exe and double click it. Follow the setup again.

Post back with the result!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…