Lexmark 74 All in one

Stato 10:31 02 Feb 04

My friend has just has a problem with a couple of viruses on his computer, I only know that one of them was a trojan and I don't know the names, anyway his Lexmark was working fine before the viruses but now after it disappeared from the printer list it will not reinstall. I have had a look at lexmarks website and tried a couple of suggestions but none of them worked.
After installing the printer on my computer and getting it to work I am begining to think I will have format the hard drive or reinstall Win Me over the current installation.
I have tried system restore but found that it had been disabled so I cannot go back to before the viruses. There is a third party system restore but it has just been installed after the viruses were removed so I cannot go back to before the viruses.
Any ideas.

MichelleC 13:34 02 Feb 04

You need to delete every single Lexmark file, even in registry; HKEYS_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Lexmark, and delete folder. Backup registry 1st by exporting. Reboot, and reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…