Lexmark 5200 series Printer

swanny2 23:47 10 Jan 08

Hello
Ive just been given another Printer a lexmarkx5250
Now ive got no software with this,and im not too sure what too do too set it up on me pc,also its got no ink in it :O(
Iwent too a site too download the driver it downloaded then disapeared ,so ive no idea where it is..Also when i go too device Manaager there 2 yellow exclamation marks on scan and printer 5200 series..
It tryed the wizard too find driver but was unable too.So now im stumped ,any help appreciated please,for where i can get thos too work on me pc,and where i cn get the software from ,too be able too resize Pics etc etc..
thanks in advance
Swanny. :O)

probably best to system restore to prior what youve just tried.
click here
is the set up sheet and how to correctly install and in the right order.
you will need to get hold of software/driver before connecting up to pc.

maybe
click here
the better option seeing it has no ink.

swanny2 00:57 11 Jan 08

cheers mate i downloaded the driver said done ,but when i go too printers /faxes theres nothing there. what do i do . sorry for ignorance,plus where can i get software for it.

swanny2 10:51 11 Jan 08

Cheapest i can get ink for this printer,is £21
But pointless if i cant install the printer :O(

birdface 11:00 11 Jan 08

Lexmark.Cheaper buying a new printer than buying replacement ink jet cartridges.

swanny2 11:19 11 Jan 08

Ye i know mate Stupid isnt it..
But this is a All in one i was given too me x5250. so wouldnt be cheaper really.

tonks mum 12:52 11 Jan 08

Yeh it would argos have a sale on at mo £25 for a 3 in 1 printer scanner copier with ink etc...
click here

swanny2 13:03 11 Jan 08

wow!!! Thanks for that mate,might go get that then,do you think the leads and ink etc wwill be provided with that..
If so im goin go get it..
cheers
Swanny :O)
ps- Will i be able too get compatible inks for this cannon ?

tonks mum 13:13 11 Jan 08

Dont no if everything is inc but would of thought so, what op system u running cos just had to sort out my neighbouts new printer they sold her one supposedly compat with win 98 but it wasn't so ive upgraded her to xp it now works fine

Sea Urchin 13:35 11 Jan 08

Many printers are sold without the USB cable, and I guess that the Argos one is, as it lists a USB cable as an extra for £12.99 - however, you may have a spare cable in your possession

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced