lexmark 3470 printer

Kingfisher 20:59 07 Apr 09

My friend has a lexmark printer he has installed it, with cd and pc recognise's it, but it will not print, not even a test page. He says that he plugged printer into mains and plugged in usb port and then installed software. I thought that you should leave the usb lead unplugged until prompted to do so by the software installation, can anyone advise me please, also he tells me that the ink level is low, but not empty, could that be a reason also, printer is model 3470 and os is windows xp home, many thanks

Kingfisher 18:00 08 Apr 09

bump

Diemmess 18:14 08 Apr 09

USB devices usually ask the installer to connect the USB lead ONLY when asked.
It might help to uninstall the printer from the PC and reboot before trying again.

The test page is meant to show that all is well with the installation, which it is clearly not, so treat the testpage as significant.

Many printers at least used to have a self test routine regardless of the PC, though I've not seen that recently. Have a look in the manual or CD for info.

My best hope is that if the installation proceedure is followed step by step all should be well, otherwise i see a return trip for the printer in the offing.

Kingfisher 19:44 08 Apr 09

Thanks for your advice, will ask him to try your suggestion, will report back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced