Lexmark 3200 Inkjet Printer

I have Win98SE and IE6.When I access the Control Program for my Lexmark printer and try to check the cartridge state it shows the black cartridge to be three quarters full whereas in fact it is empty.Can anything be done to make it record accurately.Thanks for any forthcoming advice.

recap 10:51 06 Apr 03

Remove and reinsert the cartridge 3 times while the printer is ON this may register the correct reading.

Wak 14:54 07 Apr 03

Hi Mack1, I have a Lexmark and I believe they count the number of pages printed assuming a 15% coverage. If your printing uses more than 15% coverage, then you will use more ink than the printer registers and will be empty before the printer tells you.
I don't think there's a lot you can do except have a refill kit handy.
I get my InkTec kits from Choicestationery which are excellent in value, content and instructions.
Cheers.
Wak.

Hi Wak,Thanks for your comments.I use Choicestationery as my supplier and find them very efficient.Just bought an ink refill kit from them.Do you find their ink as good as the original? Cheers. Mack1

Wak 20:21 07 Apr 03

Hi Mack1, I prefer the InkTec kits to the standard refill kits and find them equal to the original quality. Inktec kits contain a cartridge holder and facilities (where necessary) to extract ink through the print head to improve ink flow.
I think I've read somewhere that original ink is ground down to 1 micron whereas Inktec is down to 1/2 micron.
For further instructions, look at click here and also click here
cheers.
Wak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…