Lexmark 3 in one

bluto1 23:52 24 Jan 06

I`ve just read Dumfy`s post and am interested if refilling cartridges for my Lexmark 3-in-1 is a viable option. you see, theres only one cartridge, and appreciating the stupidly enormous cost of replacement cartridges, I wondered if using the normal refill packages would be OK. Any ideas ?

britto 00:34 25 Jan 06

used to fill the 15mo120 colour carts in my old x73 a bit of a fiddle to get the top off to gain access to the tanks but saved a fair few bob but if you are into printing photos do not bother i found the quality not up to scratch,have always filled the black carts till it was obvious the heads have gone.
i go here for original colour ones.
click here

handful 07:42 25 Jan 06

I fill the cartridge on my X85 using ink from Morrisons.(cheapest I've come across) Works fine although it is a bit messy. I tend to use too much cleaning fluid and run out before using all the ink. The kits come with everything you need to make it work and save a fortune. As britto says you do lose a little quality but I don't print photos and it is fine for most other jobs.

spuds 09:46 25 Jan 06

I have the Lexmark X5150, which runs very expensive on cartridges, until I commenced refilling. Works out at about 60pence per refill now,but as britto mentions, removing the cartridge tops initially can be a bit of a problem, as you need to make a clean break of the joint.

Wak 10:12 25 Jan 06

I have a Lexmark X75 and have refilled for over three years now.
In three years I have only bought 2 colour carts and have just bought my 4th black cartridge.
Using kits from click here, you get a plastic cartridge holder and a tool which is automatically lined up to remove the tops without any problems.
The ink bottles also have sponge rubber stoppers which the needles penetrate thus keeping the refilling much cleaner.
Once you have this, you can use any-body's refill kits but the Jet-tec kits (Wilkinson's, etc.)specify "made for Lexmark"
I hope this helps in some way.

spuds 10:28 25 Jan 06

Wak-- Do Choicestationary still do refill kits and accessories. I know they did in the past, because I use to buy from them, but trying to find the device you mention, or refill's, I keep getting Not Found.

seventiesdolly 11:25 25 Jan 06

I used to buy my Lexmark cartridges from asda - cheaper than anywhere else I discovered.

Wak 09:46 26 Jan 06

Hi Spuds, just looked at their web site and apparently they don't list refills anymore which is a great pity as they were brilliant.
You could always e-mail them to see if they have any left in stock???
Sorry to have misled you with duff info.
The info on this site click here might help some people though.

bluto1 19:34 26 Jan 06

Hi everybody, thanks for the input. My equipment is the X2350 and comes with a single cartridge for B&W and colour. I don`t have to remove the top, just some sticky paper, and dip a pin into the holes to find out which colour to use. I`ve no problem with that but when carts cost anything upwards of £13.50 a go I think of refills. As you`ve rightly pointed out refill ink leaves a little to be desired with photographs. I wonder what combination of colours go to making black? I`m going to click as resolved. Thanks lads.

Wak 20:03 26 Jan 06

Hi Bluto, If your cartridge only has the red, blue and yellow inks then it will take all three colours to make black which seems rather wasteful.
However, if your cartridge also has black ink segment then presumably it will just use the black to print anything definitely black.
Wait until the cartridge is empty and then try to refill it with a kit. You have nothing to lose apart from the cost of the kit and a great deal to gain if you are satisfied with the results.

bluto1 10:50 27 Jan 06

Thanks for your comment Wak

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…