lexmark 2600 printer

Liza 14:12 15 Jul 10

My sister's Lexmark printer does not print at all. It gives error "printer cannot communicate with the computer". We tried everything (uninstalling controllers [flashed found new hardware),uninstalled/reinstalled Lexmark.
We also got her daughter to try on her computer and daughter said it worked. Today I brought my epson and used on my sister's computer and again my epson works. How come the lexmark 2600 refuses to print on her Vista sp2 computer. How did it happen you may ask? She was doing a whole lot of printing when the printer suddenly stopped and never printed again. Please help, Liza

northumbria61 14:48 15 Jul 10

You need to completely uninstall your printer and related software then reinstall your driver/software BEFORE you plug in your printer.

northumbria61 14:53 15 Jul 10

Follow the "User Guide" from here - click here

jack 16:11 15 Jul 10

Use Revo uninstaller
Then when it searches through the registry for remaining bits n pieces use select all and delete.

Revo Uninstaller.
click here
Download and install.

Liza 20:12 16 Jul 10

Hello. Thank you all. The help you set out was also provided by Lexmark themselves through remotely entering my sister's computer. It was rather complex and tedious i.e. reinstalling, installing new driver, checking firewall etc. Therefore for each resolution he had to recheck because the problem was not disappearing. Anyway the printer finally printed only in colour although the black cartridge was about 3 quarters full. We just turned the computer off and I said to sis to get a new black cartridge. Probably the ink was dry in it and maybe was the cause of the whole problem. Lexmark also phoned and she told them what I said, they agreed. I have yet to hear from her that she has bought a new cartridge. Anyway I will click resolved. Many thanks, Liza

northumbria61 21:16 16 Jul 10

Lexmark - nice to see a Manufacturer has Customer AFTER service which a great many lack these days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…