letters sizing on aol

LANDCRUISER 12:03 03 Mar 09

hi everyone,the letter sizing on aol is very small how can i make it bigger,i know how on ie but cannot find a way on aol

Marko797 12:28 03 Mar 09

there is a way to cure this, as I remember I had similar issues. I now use IE8 rather than AOL however, and cannot for the life of me remember the solution. What I can suggest though is try contacting the live help chaps on AOL. It was them who helped me out. In the meantime, I'll see if the brain cells will work after a coffee.

feb 12:45 03 Mar 09

Hi LANDCRUISER
Try this:
Close your AOL software and return to the desktop.
Click the Start button, select Programs or All Programs, then click Internet Explorer.
Click the View menu, then select Text Size.
Internet Explorer 7.0 users: Click the Page menu, then select Text Size.
Click the text size you prefer, ranging from Smallest to Largest.
Exit Internet Explorer.

Next time you start AOL, any web pages you view inside the AOL software should reflect your new font setting.

LANDCRUISER 12:49 03 Mar 09

hi everyone,ive allready got ie set at maxium this problem is only on aol

Stuartli 12:53 03 Mar 09

If the Text Size in IE setting doesn't work (Medium works best for most people), then if you use IE or Firefox (or both), holding down Ctrl and pressing + or - will enlarge or reduce the font size.

Alternatively you can use Ctrl + the scroll wheel (enlargement or reduction depends on the scroll wheel direction).

LANDCRUISER 12:59 03 Mar 09

tried this nothing happening stuartli as i said this problem is only on aol, ie works perfect

Marko797 13:00 03 Mar 09

Yes, I remember the solution was beyond those suggested here. Have u tried the live help?

LANDCRUISER 13:04 03 Mar 09

no marko 797 i thought someone here would have the answer but i could be wrong i will try live help as the last resort

Marko797 13:41 03 Mar 09

to re-set this, there is a need to go in via internet explorer, as suggested above. I think feb might have had his finger on it with 'view'/'text size' and ensure medium is selected. Might be the case that u need to close down both IE and AOL, then re-start for the changes to take effect. Also ensure the 2 entries for script debugging are ticked (IE & Other) in advanced settings in IE.

Stuartli 15:32 03 Mar 09

You will also find, because Outlook Express uses IE's configuration, that other than the Medium (text size) setting in both OE and IE will result in smaller or larger font sizes in e-mail messages when printed out.

realist 16:17 03 Mar 09

Open AOL Browser:
Click on "Settings"
Click "A-Z" tab
Find "Font and Text"
Under Text Preferences:
Select "Medium"
Save and Exit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac