Letterheads

misters 21:37 07 Jan 03
  misters 21:37 07 Jan 03

Hi a friend asked if i could create him a letter head for a small gardening buisness he is starting up. I thought this would be simple using something like word 2000 but i just to know how to, is there any good software that makes this easy or a download i could try? Please remember he want his own logo as the letterhead.

thanx in advance.

Virtuosity 21:44 07 Jan 03

Use Header/Footer facility of Word. I would put the logo and the company name in the Header section and the contact details phono no, email, etc. into the Footer section. I hope this helps.

Foolsbane_1 21:59 07 Jan 03

If you actually have to create the logo then you will probably need a drawing application. This one is very good and free, but the download is pretty hefty if you don't have broadband.

click here

misters 22:03 07 Jan 03

Cheers i will give it a try with my sad 56k modem.

Also thought i would respond to my own message to keep computer_geek_100 at bay. :)

Foolsbane_1 22:29 07 Jan 03

ZonerDraw ( click here )might be a better option as the download is only about 9Mb. The big advantage with the Serif one is that it comes with its own resumable download manager so that you can download it in easy instalments while you are online anyway.

€dstow 07:23 08 Jan 03

Any easy way to do this in word is to create a table for the full width of the page and put as many columns and rows as are necessary. You can move the text and logos around in the cells as you wish. You will need to know how to manipulate changing sizes of individual cells in the table but this is in the help section.

Ensure that "Borders" is set to "None" so it won't be visible on printing and there you are.

Using a table avoids the full letter heading going on to coninuation pages which you normally get if you use header and footer.

€d

BRYNIT 10:14 08 Jan 03

Remember when you have created letter head save it as a template.

misters 20:21 08 Jan 03

Saving as a template, how? Why?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…