Letter to NTL Re-Ad-aware updates

obbit 12:27 28 Jan 05

I had to unplug my cable modem and use dial-up again to update Ad-aware. So I have sent a letter to NTL Registered office in Hampshire outlining the problem. Hope it has more success than sending emails.

TOPCAT® 14:41 28 Jan 05

Is Ad-Aware the only update you get problems with using the cable modem?

Can't find anything specific about this from Lavasoft help, but NTL do have a download called Broadband Medic - "your new FREE Broadband support tool for PCs" - just in case there's a problem with your setup. TC.

click here

I'm on NTL broadband and have no difficulty updating ad-aware since it's updated to Se version updates tend not to be so frequent

pj123 15:55 28 Jan 05

I think what obbit is saying that all of us who are on NTL Broadband cannot get Adaware updates until at least 4 days after they have been posted, myself included.

I usually wait a week after someone posts an update before I even try it now.

obbit 16:54 28 Jan 05

Having to wait could mean they will be missed if another update follows on the heels of the previous one. Manually downloading makes no difference either, it still downloads the one we already have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…