Leopard out 26th October

Quiet Life 23:27 19 Oct 07

Leopard, which Apple says will offer more than 300 new features, is the sixth major upgrade Apple has made to Mac OS X since the desktop operating system debuted in 2001. One of the new features is "Boot Camp," which lets users install Microsoft's Windows on Intel-based Macs, though both operating systems can't run at the same time. The feature, in a test version released last year, has helped attract new customers to the Macintosh platform

kingussie 12:46 05 Mar 08

yes but how ?

Quiet Life 15:39 05 Mar 08

Well it was the thought of running Windows on a Mac that attracted me but it did not work out.
I bought one of the latest i-macs and it did not take long to realise the screen was very poor. Scrolling a grey band from top to bottom produced considerable colour variation which was also different from left to right. Scrolling with the mouse wheel produced an unacceptable flickering and when accessing PC Adviser site all the lines were momentarily black. It was only then I did a search on the many mac problems which exist-and they do!
The operating system is different but did not offer any significant advantages to me. I returned the machine on the basis of the poor screen and decided to stick with Windows.
I am sure there are many satisfied mac owners but my short experience was not good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017