Lenovo Edge e431 Windows OS randomly closing

NiazYussouf 03:02 14 Jan 15

I've been using this laptop for about a year now and it had its fair share of crashes and lag but this new crash is by far the worst of them all. Basically what happens is my laptop is running normally and suddenly all of my apps close and my OS disappears. I cannot access my taskbar and the windows button does not work. The only thing that lets me get to my browser is through the links in the League of Legends client. Games that are currently running do not seem to be closed when everything else disappears. The only way I know to get my laptop working again is to ctrl+alt+delete and log off, then log back on.

Is there a solution for this? Or will I just have to buy a new laptop? I'm using this laptop for school and if I have to buy a new laptop, a suggestion for a cheap laptop would be appreciated.

xania 09:43 14 Jan 15

I would say that you have a problem with your software rather than your hardware. Certainly a year old laptop should still have plenty of life left in it.

You should have a facility on your machine to reset it back to when you first bought it - read you documentation and look for either reinstalling your operating system or resetting to factory setting.

If you don't have your documentation, download it here:

click here look at Chapter 5.

and

xania 09:44 14 Jan 15

that should read:

'click here and look at Chapter 5'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…