Lego Racers, wont run on XP.

TECHNODIMWIT 17:49 21 Dec 04

how can i get an old game the kids have found to run in winXP?

the game is dated 1999, and we know it runs in win98, i`ve tried to run it in compatability mode
but without any joy.
the helpme file says it wont run in winNT or windows emulator mode.
Does anyone know of a patch or a dodge that works.

mny thanks and a merry christmas to one and all

Starfox 18:02 21 Dec 04

There are a lot of *older* games that worked fine on Windows 95/98/ME that just won't work with XP.I think it is to do with the fact that these games were intended to run in ms/dos although I am sure someone will correct me if that is not the case :o).

gudgulf 18:32 21 Dec 04

My kids have a number of Lego games...Lego Racers (1 and 2) Stunt rally and Lego Island, and I'm sure they all run under XP.I'll have to do a little experimenting as all of the games are not currently on the the computer following a replacement hard drive and full reinstall on the kids pc.I also updated to SP2 whilst I was at it and it was SP1 under which everything ran ok.

I'll get back to you a bit later and let you know what works and what doesn't when I've reinsralled all the Lego games.

TomJerry 18:43 21 Dec 04

without any problem

if it does not run for ou, get new version from amazon, very cheap

Starfox 19:20 21 Dec 04
  gudgulf 23:36 21 Dec 04

Ok I've now installed all of the Lego games mentioned above,and Lego Chess which I'd forgotten I had.

They all run fine on XP SP2 and most of them are the pre XP release ones so don,t mention XP on the discs.Lego Racers is dated 1999 as is yours.Not much help to you really....sorry.

woodchip 00:02 22 Dec 04

If you installed, go to Explorer and look for the folder, then look for the Program .EXE file that runs it and right click the file you can choose to make it compatible with Win98

TomJerry 02:08 22 Dec 04

in XP

TECHNODIMWIT 08:55 22 Dec 04

tried your suggestions, but it still refuses to run,

i think starfox has the right idea, buy a later copy

mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced