Is this a legitimate movie streaming website???

julius44 11:48 17 Dec 09

Hello there, ive just picked up a copy of today metro paper(for those that live in london), and on page 50, theres an advertisment for a company called blinkbox. Where you can stream and watch movies for free, and they are giving £5 credit as well.

Heres the link: click here
It does say that the offer is linmted to first 10,000 customers and closes on 21/12/2009.
Ive been on the site, and it looks ok, and it seems to be affiliated to BT as well, and films range from 99p-£3.99. But my question IS.....is this a legitimate website to use for streaming please or is it a CON?????

Technotiger 11:56 17 Dec 09

It does appear to be legit ... click here

anchor 11:56 17 Dec 09

It seems to be, judging from reports in the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian. The British Film Institute has also signed a deal with them.

Google Blinkbox and see the links.

anchor 11:58 17 Dec 09

I meant to say, it is not a "con", and seems to be a genuine site.

julius44 12:01 17 Dec 09

okay, just that I was very unsure, even though it's been advertised in a national newspaper........i had my reservations, but it people like techotiger and co say that it loos okay, then thats good enuff for me. Is there any more information on the site pls??? I just wanna be 100% sure, thanks

Kevscar1 12:33 17 Dec 09

2 thiings to always check.
Does it show a full UK address. Yes on the contact page.
Does the Company name appear on the webcheck searh of Companies House. Yes incorporated may 2006.
Thanks I,ve signed up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…