Legally downloading short (30 seconds?) music clip

rbrtsmrvll6 17:13 07 May 05

As a teacher I'd like to downoad short music clips similar to the 30second clips used on the iTunes and other web sites.

Does anyone know how to do this legally?

I have read many threads about downloading music but they seem to be regarding the download of whole tunes and certainly look to be illegal. I can't do this in a school but, is downloading short segments of a tune possible and legal?

TomJerry 19:58 07 May 05

in Amazon, many CDs have short demo tracks, you can legally download and listen them

there should be other short demo tracks in other places

they produce those short demo to get you listen and then buy real thing, it is just another form of advertisement

kimjhon 19:58 07 May 05

Mp3 s captured from Internet radio
click here

Dont forgtet to delete them after giving your lessons.

rbrtsmrvll6 13:01 08 May 05

With Amazon.co.uk being down, I had a little trouble with Amazon.com which I am not used to using but I eventually downloaded a couple of Byrds tracks, 30 seconds as I requested. All that I need to do now is find out what kids today listen to.

It look to me as though I could use the Mp3 idea to get everything I'd ever want AND send the headteacher to prison - worth a thought!

Thanks for your help, both of you.

pauldonovan 13:10 08 May 05

You've mentioned iTunes - what's wrong with using that?

When you start to use them to teach, I wonder if the law would see that as reproducing/broadcasting them. When I was at school I was surprised that the school had to pay royalties to use music for school plays/musicals etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they expected you to pay to use soundclips!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…