Legal Movies

1dave2 19:25 15 May 05

Hi Guys. I've just got a DVD recorder and I'm eager to download movies, legally, from a website and then burn them onto a disc. Does anyone know any good sites? Thanks, Dave.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:49 15 May 05

Unless I am mistaken there are no 'legal' download sites and many rip-off sites.

G

Diodorus Siculus 20:00 15 May 05

What sort of movies are you after? Current "blockbusters" are a no go at the moment, but there are numerous independent films out there waiting to be downloaded.

Free Movie Download
click here

Tubster 20:00 15 May 05

There is one gearing up in the uk soon, i'll dig around my mags and see if i can find the address

1dave2 20:01 15 May 05

I know that there are now legal sites for music and I was hoping it was the same for movies. Damn!

Tubster 20:02 15 May 05

aha found it, click here

1dave2 20:06 15 May 05

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at those.

Tubster 20:08 15 May 05

The website is down at the moment but here's a paragraph from my mag:

"British music downloading service Wippit will be offering movies to it's users from this summer. The company is in talks with three film distribution companies who will put movies online with prices starting from 99p per download. The company already offers music tracks from 29p per download. This is significantly lower than the 69p offered by most major download services although more popular tracks cost more. Films to be made available include blockbusters, classics, independent films and hard to find movies, according to wippit. The service is designed to compete with file-sharing services such as Kazaa, through which films are available free, but downloaded unlawfully. In the US, services such as real Movies already allow users to download films, but wippit movies will be the first major download service offered to British customers."

1dave2 20:52 15 May 05

Thanks for your help Tubster that sounds just what I'm after.

TomJerry 21:20 15 May 05

legally download movies cannot be burnt to DVD because the copy-protection, it will probabaly only be able to played in one computer

Tubster 21:30 15 May 05

Agree with TomJerry, it's highly unlikely you can burn these movies to disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…