Legal issue with misrepresentation of websites

Wilf50 10:09 30 Oct 03

Owning several business websites, another company has set up in competition and is using our url's in its email promotions to obtain customers. What can I do about this and who do I go to please.

Wilf.

seedie 11:00 30 Oct 03

Seek professional advice i.e. get a solicitor.

Good Luck

CD

Wilf50 12:24 30 Oct 03

Thanks for the reply, but have had lots of dealings with solicitors this year, paid out over ?2k and still not any further ahead with the different cases, but skint in the meantime :(

Wilf

tbh72 12:51 30 Oct 03

You could alway's report them to their ISP, if a breach of TOC's has occurred their account will be suspended.

PurplePenny 12:59 30 Oct 03

Do you mean that they are sending out e-mails that quote the URLs of your sites but claim that they are theirs? If that is the case a quick call to a body like Trading Standards or Advertising Standards is in order.

PurplePenny

Wilf50 13:11 30 Oct 03

Reply to tbh-They are only using our url's on email canvassing, not their website so I don't think their isp will respond :)

Penny- Have tried trading standards and was told that it is nothing to do with them, am now trying Advertising Standards, wil keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Wilf

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…