"legal" free wifi away from home

grumpy-git 17:49 29 Mar 09

I don't need to access the internet away from home, but just wondering about when I go down to Cornwall on holiday, if there are many places where it is possible to access free wifi.

Have looked on wifi hotspots & see there are a few places, but can anybody use them?

I know there are dongles and such things, but that involves money. As it's just a week away from home I'm wondering if it can be done for free?

Any tips or advice gratefully received

g-g

MAJ 18:08 29 Mar 09

Checkout the hotel you're staying in, they might have internet access for guests, although there will be a charge for using it. Check out any local libraries, Starbuck cafes or railway stations, again there'll be a small charge.

grumpy-git 18:14 29 Mar 09

Maj,

Thanks. Hiring a cottage, so it would have to be when were out during the day that I would use it.

What sort of charge are we talking about at a library? Pound for half an hour or something like that? Shows how much I now about this sort of thing!

g-g

MAJ 18:22 29 Mar 09

Not sure what they cost in Cornwall, grumpy-git but you're probably not far off the mark. As you'll be moving around, see if any of these click here suit.

woodchip 18:29 29 Mar 09

McDonnell's have free Hot Spot

MAJ 18:34 29 Mar 09

Do McDonalds?

woodchip 18:36 29 Mar 09

yes thats how i ment to put it

grumpy-git 18:39 29 Mar 09

Not keen on McDonalds, so will avoid them!

Was looking at actnowcornwall earlier. Trelawney Garden Centre (between Bodmin & Wadebridge) is close to where we are going, but their website gives no mention of wifi.

Mrs. g-g would like a cup of coffee there as I downloaded my e-mails, if they still had the wifi access! I could always e-mail them & check.

woodchip 18:44 29 Mar 09

you can sit outside to use it or in a car if you are near

2neat 19:52 29 Mar 09

quite a few pubs n coffee shops have wi-fi now! click here

grumpy-git 21:17 29 Mar 09

2neat,

Thanks. I did some research yesterday before asking on here and came across that site, and mycloud was one of the names I saw quite often. They seem to be one of the cheaper wifi access supliers, and if I was out & about more often it could be very useful.

Think I'll look up some wifi spots near to where I live & have a drive out to them & do some investigating.

g-g

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…