"legal" free wifi away from home

grumpy-git 17:49 29 Mar 09

I don't need to access the internet away from home, but just wondering about when I go down to Cornwall on holiday, if there are many places where it is possible to access free wifi.

Have looked on wifi hotspots & see there are a few places, but can anybody use them?

I know there are dongles and such things, but that involves money. As it's just a week away from home I'm wondering if it can be done for free?

Any tips or advice gratefully received

g-g

MAJ 18:08 29 Mar 09

Checkout the hotel you're staying in, they might have internet access for guests, although there will be a charge for using it. Check out any local libraries, Starbuck cafes or railway stations, again there'll be a small charge.

grumpy-git 18:14 29 Mar 09

Maj,

Thanks. Hiring a cottage, so it would have to be when were out during the day that I would use it.

What sort of charge are we talking about at a library? Pound for half an hour or something like that? Shows how much I now about this sort of thing!

g-g

MAJ 18:22 29 Mar 09

Not sure what they cost in Cornwall, grumpy-git but you're probably not far off the mark. As you'll be moving around, see if any of these click here suit.

woodchip 18:29 29 Mar 09

McDonnell's have free Hot Spot

MAJ 18:34 29 Mar 09

Do McDonalds?

woodchip 18:36 29 Mar 09

yes thats how i ment to put it

grumpy-git 18:39 29 Mar 09

Not keen on McDonalds, so will avoid them!

Was looking at actnowcornwall earlier. Trelawney Garden Centre (between Bodmin & Wadebridge) is close to where we are going, but their website gives no mention of wifi.

Mrs. g-g would like a cup of coffee there as I downloaded my e-mails, if they still had the wifi access! I could always e-mail them & check.

woodchip 18:44 29 Mar 09

you can sit outside to use it or in a car if you are near

2neat 19:52 29 Mar 09

quite a few pubs n coffee shops have wi-fi now! click here

grumpy-git 21:17 29 Mar 09

2neat,

Thanks. I did some research yesterday before asking on here and came across that site, and mycloud was one of the names I saw quite often. They seem to be one of the cheaper wifi access supliers, and if I was out & about more often it could be very useful.

Think I'll look up some wifi spots near to where I live & have a drive out to them & do some investigating.

g-g

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac