Is this legal?

Bald Eagle 14:26 31 Aug 09

I've been given this address by a friend here in France that lets you watch English football on the internet. click here It is apparently free, does anyone know of it and am I likely to get loads of nasties from the site? Is there anything iffy about the site.
BE

eedcam 14:36 31 Aug 09

click here Only this appraisal

birdface 14:42 31 Aug 09

Or here.
click here

DieSse 15:11 31 Aug 09

"Is this legal?"

I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere, is infringing copyright by retransmitting content that belongs to someone else. Hence the statement at the bottom of their web page about "we're just helping you get it" (paraphrased).

I offer no judgement on this - just pointing it out.

I guess it shows that once a genie is out of the bottle, there's no putting it back. Personally I would recommend that content providers find a way of working with the situation, rather than doing a "King Canute" - but that's just my opinion.

DieSse 15:12 31 Aug 09

"does anyone know of it"

Well I guess you've told another 200,000 or more users of this site about it now!

anniesboy 15:51 31 Aug 09

Gets a red (poor rating) on WOT

anniesboy 15:53 31 Aug 09

Sorry! already posted by Buteman,I did not click his link

colinb1604 16:34 31 Aug 09

I think that was the one I went to about a year ago and ended up with a lot of nasties, and had to change my e-mail address

Bald Eagle 19:01 31 Aug 09

Think I'll stick to radio 5 live via satellite. Oh beggar that's illegal too!!

BE

laurie53 08:23 01 Sep 09

Radio 5 via the internet isn't!

DieSse 10:17 01 Sep 09

"Oh beggar that's illegal too!!"

I can't see how picking up a signal that's just floating past you is illegal. In fact I'm pretty sure that European law says it isn't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…