Leechget

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:46 10 Jun 04

I am currently downloading a file with leechget. firewall just popped up and told me thatLeechget is listeningfor other computers trying to connect to mine. Why would it be doing this?

I blocked access to all ports so should be okay, but why has it suddenly done this when it has never before?

TIA

TAs

feb 22:59 10 Jun 04

leechget is a download accelerator and will try to download from numerous sites to speed up the process

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:13 10 Jun 04

yeah, I realise that but surely if that is what was happening, Leechget would not be trying to let THEM connect to MY PC.

What I am trying to say is that if I download from a site, my PC connects to it, one way traffic. Surely if something is connecting to my PC then the traffic is going the other way?

And Leechget has never done this before.

Thanks

Tas

gudgulf 23:13 10 Jun 04

click here

If leechget is recommennded by Patrick Kolla (creator of Spybot S&D) then that's a good enough recommendation for me!!!!

Let it do what it wants.

Have you updated your firewall recently?

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:18 10 Jun 04

The file I was trying to download was not what I thought it was (it turned out to be a bittorrent thnigy to enable me to download the file I wanted) I do not want this so have got rid of it.

gudgulf, Patrick Kolla's recommendation is the reason I downloaded Leechget in the first place. You're right, if he says it's fine then it's fine.

Thanks

feb 23:19 10 Jun 04

I can't be sure, and someone will put me right, but if your pc asks for information then it must leave a return address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…