LED Monitor

Mutant_Llama 21:37 11 Mar 11

My trusty CRT monitor has just given up the ghost, and as it is hard to find new CRT monitors anymore I would like to get something more modern.

Problem is that the last time I used a LCD monitor (many years ago now) I suffered terrible eye strain, like when you get viewing a CRT monitor at 60htz.

I have heard that LED monitors help towards resolving this, had anyone else experience the same issue?

Can anyone recommend a decent, cheap LED monitor for gaming, running at a high refresh rate? Not sure what is an important detail to LED monitors (Response Time?), but found this:

click here]&urlrefer=search&strefer=PCSH&searchfilters=s{led+monitor]}%2bc{420}%2b

Thanks!

Forum Editor 00:06 12 Mar 11

that you take a look at this:-

click here

Mutant_Llama 12:43 12 Mar 11

Can you recommend anything for about 120.00?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:55 12 Mar 11
  Mutant_Llama 17:24 18 Mar 11

OK, purchased the cheaper model but still getting eye strain. Not really wanting to spend hundreds of pounds on a top range LED monitor, can anyone recommend a 100mhtz+ LED backlit monitor for a reasonable price? (£90 - £120)

The Kestrel 21:13 18 Mar 11

I recently bought this LED monitor from PC World click here which has a very good picture and seems easier on my eyes than my previous LCD monitor. If this is too small, they do a larger version for £139.

Mutant_Llama 12:55 20 Mar 11

Thanks, I think that 18.5" would be fine but what worries me is "1366 x 768 @60Hz", that said before I purchase this 120hz:

click here

May well give it a go, it does look a fine monitor!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…