Leaving NTL temporarily

Giantsquid 14:32 20 Oct 03

We are having to move house temporarily for six months due to subsidence problems, at the moment we have broadband internet access with NTL.

The house we are renting cannot be connected to NTL broadband, we are therefore losing out on broadband, cable and also the TV programmes.

Can anyone recommend a cable/TV/Satellite operator who could connect us with the least amount of fuss? At present we have two computers which are networked.

We will be rejoining NTL upon our return, but it's just for the six months we are renting.

Many Thanks to all who reply

pj123 14:59 20 Oct 03

Where are you moving from? to? If NTL can't connect you there is not likely to be anyone else who can either. You could try Telewest though. Who is the telephone provider at the new place?

hugh-265156 15:01 20 Oct 03

click here for details of contracts and pricing etc for broadband.

click here for others.

Giantsquid 15:47 20 Oct 03

moving just up the road but NTL do not supply but BT are rolling out BB in Dec, so I could wait for them.
Does anyone do satellite and cable modem in the same package as we will be in this house during Xmas and the kids would like the top telly offerings,

pj123 17:20 20 Oct 03

I sympathise with you. If it is "just up the road" are you sure that NTL doesn't have a cable running outside? I am on NTL with cable TV and two telephone lines, including Broadband. BT can't compete with that. If that is the only option you have you are going to be in hell for 6 months.

Giantsquid 17:55 20 Oct 03

NTL won't run the cable it's too far from the road for them to do, 500 yds I would say,

Rayuk 18:14 20 Oct 03

Dont they all want you on minimum 12months contract??

Giantsquid 18:49 20 Oct 03

Yes I reckon they do, but we aren't paying so we will just claim the money back off the insurance at a later date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…