Leaving BB Connection On.

spuds 18:10 23 Jul 05

Possibly a silly question. If the connection between your computer via the modem is showing on [two little monitors]but there is no connection to any website, would the ISP or BT register a connection, and perhaps calculate this as usage!.

Just one of those curious things that I ponder about sometimes.

mattyc_92 18:12 23 Jul 05

You mean the "Power" and "DSL" connection indicators?

As long as you haven't "dialed" the connection, then you wont be classed as online.

stalion 18:13 23 Jul 05

are you talking about capped usage? if you are not actively downloading anything it should not effect it

spuds 18:34 23 Jul 05

Thanks guys. My Tiscali package allows me to use a certain amount of capped usage over the account month, if I use in excess then I will be charged for extra 1GB's used. I do dial using modem icon for a connection, hence two monitors in taskbar, then open IE for Tiscali homepage. [Doe's that make sense. Appologies, not thinking straight today!].

Completealias 18:42 23 Jul 05

You can get a netmeter from click here which will help you keep an eye on your usage.

If I read you post correctly you are saying that you dialup your connection and leave it open but are not surfin you just have a open connection to the net. As has been said if you aren't activly using the connection then it won't eat into your usage allowance.

spuds 23:32 23 Jul 05

Thanks everyone. Tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…