Learning software packages

geek84 09:53 29 Dec 10

Hi

Is anybody aware of any resources on the internet (via youtube or otherwise), which can enable an individual to learn packages such as Excel and Word.

Thanks in advance for your response.

gengiscant 09:58 29 Dec 10

Word. click here
Excel.click here

Terry Brown 15:20 29 Dec 10

A much better option is to go to your local library and borrow the books you require. You then have a hard copy in front of you while you are learning.
Terry

Terry Brown 15:24 29 Dec 10

Please do not start a second enquiry on the same subject, while the first is still marked a s 'Un-resolved'(28-12-10)

Thank you
Terry

Border View 19:52 29 Dec 10

What version of Word and Excel?

palinka 12:52 01 Jan 11

I agree with Terry Brown - yopu need whatever it is in hard copy (ie printed) so that you can refer to it as you go.I have helped a lot of people locally and my first recommendation is to go to the library (or a good bookshop - not WH Smiths) and look up in the index of a book on Word (or Excel) something to which you need an answer; if the index can't help you find the solution then don't borrow/buy THAT book. Continue until you find something that DOES help you solve your problem. Borrow/buy that one.
some people swear by one series of books, some by another ; it's a matter of what YOU can work with.
But as Borderview says, you need to look for your particular version of Word/Excel. There isn't a lot of difference over the years but sufficient to confuse someone who is unfamiliar with the program(s).

geek84 19:19 13 Jan 11

Hi folks

Thanks for all your advice so far.

Is there a way to determine what are the basic, intermediate and advanced skills in excel?

Thank You.

lotvic 20:09 14 Jan 11

Overview and some sample tests ecdl.org click here look in the menu on the lefthand side

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant