Learn Excel

Terry Brown 14:21 26 Mar 04

I am teaching myself EXCEL (Office 2002)and I am looking for an 'Exercise' book or CD, that sets you problems to solve, preferably with a suggested solution elsewhere on the book / CD for if you get stuck. Can you suggest any ?

Thanks Terry

Start here click here

A useful and free utility for Excel, courtesy of VoG click here

richardjb 14:52 26 Mar 04

I would buy any book that covers the ECDL.

This is the European Computer Driving License course set up by the British Computing Society.

It has exercises that covers all the essential basics that a average user should need to know.

It also covers Word/Access/IE&Outlook/Powerpoint and the basics of computer use.

** If you can get your employer to pay for the course as it is an internationally recognised vocational qualification.

richardjb 15:33 26 Mar 04

When you are beyond the basics; get Mr Excel on Excel by Bill Jelen & Joseph Rubin.

This book is superb for showing you how to do some killer formulae using the standard & advanced functions.

Doesn't give exercises but has examples and I have found it extremely useful.

VoG II 16:17 26 Mar 04
  GroupFC 16:45 26 Mar 04

Into my postings to look at VoG's links later!

Spark6 21:10 26 Mar 04

And mine.

Paranoid Android 22:11 26 Mar 04

Good heavens, VOG, you would need a brain the size of a planet for that lot ! ;]

And after all that learning, you can click here to test yourself.

Marvin

daba 22:14 26 Mar 04

I'm grabbing a piece of the action here, thanks VoG

VoG II 22:19 26 Mar 04

Fortunately well endowed in that department!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…